Library membership is free and open to all Onkaparinga residents.
Bring photo ID with your current address and signature to any of our libraries.
Already a member?
View the online catalogue
We offer a range of items, including:
- Audio books
We also offer a range of material in languages other than English.
Our libraries are part of the statewide One Card network. This allows you to borrow items from any South Australian public library.
You can pick them up from and return them to any South Australian public library – you do not need to return them to the same library you got them from.
View the catalogue
Some of our libraries also hold toys and sports collections. See your local branch for more information.
- Books (fiction and non-fiction) – 28 days
- Top reads – 7 days
- DVDs – 14 days
- CDs – 14 days
- Magazines – 14 days
- Audio books – 28 days
- Other language material – 28 days
- Toys and sporting equipment (4 items at a time) – 28 days
Any item can be renewed twice (on or before the due date) provided it has not been placed on hold by another borrower.
- Login to our online catalogue (You will need your library card number beginning with X0... and your Pin)
- Select the items you want to renew.
Alternatively, you can call or drop in to your local library and we would be happy to help.
If an item is unavailable you can place a hold on it via our online catalogue. You may have up to 30 holds on your card. You will receive a notification either via SMS, email, or mail when the item is available.
View our online catalogue
Help: Watch this video on how to place a hold using the online catalogue.
Alternatively, you can also call one of our libraries or visit your local branch where a staff member will assist you.
If you can’t find an item you’re after in our catalogue, you can ask us to purchase a new item or search for the item outside the public library network.
Click here to view form.
If the item is not available within the public library system, a fee of $15.60 fee applies.
When signing your library card you have confirmed that you have read, understood and accepted the summary below of the Library’s Customer Service Charter. A print copy of the Charter is available on request from any of our libraries.
This charter outlines Onkaparinga Libraries commitment to providing quality customer service across all our sites.
Our service commitment
- We listen to what you say and ensure that our work is designed around your needs to the best of our ability. We are committed to:
- treating you fairly and with respect
- being visible, approachable, welcoming and willing to help
- identifying your needs and responding to these where we can
- resolving enquiries at first point of contact or, if this is not possible, ensuring the enquiry is referred to the correct person
- encouraging and supporting the safe use of our online services
- providing support for digital devices (please note that we are not responsible for any software or other damage to devices while on the premises); and
- making our buildings and surrounds welcoming and a pleasure to visit
We ask that you help us to help you by:
- treating staff, volunteers and others with respect, including those with whom we share facilities
- treating facilities and property with due care
- being accurate and honest in your dealings with us
- clearly communicating your needs
- always bringing your library card with you in order to borrow and access services
- returning borrowed items complete, in good condition and on time · paying accounts by the due date
- taking responsibility for your personal property and safety; and
- providing us with feedback so we can improve our services
Unacceptable behaviour and consequences
The City of Onkaparinga observes zero tolerance to aggression and violence at any of our sites.