23 January – 20 February 2023
An exciting opportunity for a community artist to facilitate workshops to beautify stobie poles along Old South Road, Old Reynella.
This project is part of Stage 2 of the Old Reynella beautification.
It requires the successful artist/artist team to undertake a series of workshops with community members to design and paint a series of stobie poles along this corridor from Grant Road to Oval Road, Old Reynella.
Check out the Artist brief below for more details.
Artist brief(PDF, 805KB)
The market will be presented on 21 January 2023, in conjunction with the 2022 Surf Art exhibition at the South Port Surf Life Saving Club.
The Summer Beach Art Market will see local artists selling arts and crafts directly to the public, with no limit on the mediums of artworks to be included and sold. The market aims to support artists and entrepreneurs in the community.
Applications closed Friday 13 January 2023.
An exciting opportunity for a mosaic artist/artist team to produce a significant work in Old Reynella.
This project is part of Stage 2 of the Old Reynella Beautification on the Amenities Block on Old South Road.
It requires the successful artist/artist team to undertake a mosaic which draws on the history of the town of Old Reynella.
The horse changing station has significance in that it is near the site and was a vital link for communication before the railway was established.
Artist brief(PDF, 703KB)
Expressions of interest closed on 23 December 2022.
Onkaparinga Youth is currently accepting applications from young emerging artists to undertake open studio residencies at Studio 20 Youth Centre in Aldinga. Four three-month residencies are being offered at Studio 20 during March 2023 to August 2023.
The Studio 20 Artist in Residence (AiR) program offers contemporary young creatives working across any discipline, the opportunity and space to develop new work in a large, open, shared studio workshop. Artists are invited to create artwork responding to one of three key priorities young people want action on, according to the 2022 Your Voice Matters report; 1. Climate change, the environment and sustainability 2. Mental Health 3. Access and inclusion.
The artist in residence program includes:
- Free studio access 7 days a week
- Comfortable studio, amenities and administrative support
- Access to Studio 20’s equipment including commercial printing press and printmaking facilities, easels and sewing machines
- Artists will facilitate at least one considered and planned opportunity for the wider community to engage with the artists.
- Artists will have the opportunity to showcase their work at the completion of their residency with an open studio event or exhibition showing at Studio 20.
- Applicant must be between 18 and 30 years of age.
- Applicant must reside within the City of Onkaparinga either full time or part time
- Applicant must respond to one of the three key priorities outlined by young people in our community.
Download the full details and T&Cs here(PDF, 71KB)
Applications close midnight Sunday 15th January 2023
To discuss your application or if you require a different form of accessibility to apply please contact Carly Snoswell, Youth Program Officer - Arts.
Phone: 0466 350 118
Please find attached an artist opportunity to work with the Seaford Library and Seaford Secondary college to develop a digitally printed mural for the expansive internal wall at Seaford Library.
The large wall will be a potential space for ongoing digital interactions with student art works and is located in the hub of the library.
Artist brief(PDF, 650KB)
Expressions of interest closed 1 November 2022.