Asbestos is a naturally occurring fibrous material, which has been mined in Australia & overseas from several types of mineral rock. Asbestos has the potential to cause lung disease if inhaled.

Removal of asbestos from domestic premises

  • Generally asbestos products left undisturbed do not present a significant health risk provided the material is in a reasonable condition.
  • A homeowner may remove asbestos from their own property without a license provided they follow the safety control measures described on the Safe Work SA webpage.
  • Once asbestos waste products have been safely removed, packaged & labelled, they must be transported to an EPA licensed landfill or waste transfer station.
  • Some renovation or demolition activities may require planning/building approval, please contact our development team on (08) 8384 0666 before the commencement of any work. 

Submit an enquiry

Further information