Event Management Course
The course teaches how to plan and deliver large scale events by focusing on each of the specialised areas that make up event management.
By participating in this program, you will get hands on experience designing, delivering and evaluating youth events within the City of Onkapringa and placement at other exciting events within Adelaide.
This course is delivered by Onkaparinga Youth in collaboration with TAFESA. Students who complete the course can gain accreditation for six units towards a Certificate III in Events.
- Provide responsible service of alcohol (SITHFAB002)
- Participate in safe work practices (SITXWHS001)
- Provide Event Staging Support (SITEEVT004)
- Provide Service to Customers (SITXCCS006)
- Provide Visitor Information (SITXCCS002)
- Identify Hazards, Assess and Control Safety Risks (SITXWHS002)
This program also includes:
- First Aid Certificate
- Child Safe Environments Training
This course is perfect for you if you want to broaden your skills and knowledge in this area while enhancing your career prospects.
Who can apply?
Any person interested in event management aged 16–25 years who meet criteria guidelines. Please be sure to check criteria and eligibility guidelines on the website.
Cost: $100 (other fees are subsidised)
Training venue: Noarlunga TAFE and Base 10 Youth Centre (some training is online)
- Mondays and Tuesdays – daytime
- Wednesdays 5:30 to 6:30pm
Course Dates: July to December 2023
Applications open from 20 May to 14 June 2023.
Download the course criteria(PDF, 54KB)
For more information please contact Jolyn.Phillipps@onkaparinga.sa.gov.au or mobile 0420 831 179.