The brief for the Storybook Walk public art project 2021 -22 is now open for artists. This sculpture walk is situated in Thalassa Park, Aberfoyle Park and has a wonderful collection of public works celebrating Australian authors and stories.
Please see the attached brief for all the information you need to apply.
Applications closed on 3 May 2021.
This scheme acknowledges the role that artists and local venues play in the cultural life of the City of Onkaparinga.
Subsidies of $125 are available to assist individuals and groups with the cost of registering for the SALA Festival.
Subsidies will be provided:
- to artists who are residents of the City of Onkaparinga who are exhibiting either in or outside of the council area
- for costs associated with registrations for SALA, up to $125
- to the first 24 applications received
Artists are required to:
- firstly register for SALA via the SALA website by the closing date of Monday 10 May 2021
- pay the relevant fee to SALA
- fill out this form including the Electronic Fund Transfer information
- fill in a Statement by a Supplier form, if not a holder of an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- attach a copy of their SALA registration receipt
- display the City of Onkaparinga ‘supported by’ logo on exhibition promotional material acknowledging the support, to be provided
- applications will be dated in order of receipt and no correspondence will be entered into
- multiple applications may be considered
- subsidies will only be provided for costs associated with registrations for SALA 2021
- the reimbursement will be processed according to council’s payment procedure timeline
- SALA registrations close Monday 10 May 2021
- Subsidy applications and supporting documents due by COB Monday 24 May 2021
- Notification of application approval will be by Friday 4 June 2021
- SALA Exhibition August 2021
Celebrate the textile arts and creative headwear, from the traditional to the sculptural, the playful to the wild; the wonderful to the bizarre and participate in the annual Beanies to Berets exhibition.
The exhibition will be on display from 25 June – 9 August 2021
Applications close on Saturday 19 June 2021.
Beanies to Berets entry form - MS Word(DOCX, 62KB)
Beanies to Berets entry form - PDF(PDF, 149KB)
The Textile Market is presented for one day only, in conjunction with the annual Beanies to Berets exhibition, on Saturday 26 June, from 10am – 4pm.
The Textile Market will see textile artists and textile producers selling textiles and textile-based products, directly to the public.
Textile products are not limited to beanies or berets.
Applications close on Friday 4 June 2021.
Textile market application form - MS Word(DOCX, 56KB)
Textile market application form - PDF(PDF, 179KB)
The City of Onkaparinga, through Sauerbier House are proud to be partnering with South Australian Living Artists Festival (SALA) to offer the Contemporary Curator Award for the third year. Dedicated to fostering and supporting contemporary arts practice within the City, this award allows a local or visiting curator the opportunity to utilise the [GRAFTd] exhibition program to curate the SALA 2022 exhibition at Sauerbier House.
SALA 2021 City of Onkaparinga Contemporary Curator Award general information(PDF, 197KB)
For more information regarding this opportunity please refer to the attached PDF and to apply visit SALA website.