We work with residents, community groups and agencies that come together to act on and find answers to common problems; connecting with community in public spaces, community facilities and on the streets to improve opportunities for our community.
We are currently working with District Reference Groups as part of our Community Facilities Coordination to increase collaborative links between community facilities and council which supports the provision of activities, programs and events.
Other projects include:
- Hackham West Vintners reserve improvements
- Support with the Reconciliation Week annual community event
- NAIDOC week Mayor’s reception
- Our Big Back Yard (OBBY) nature play in Aldinga and Christie Downs
- Red Cross, emergency preparedness and local support for days of extreme heat and cold.
- Ocean Line reserve improvements at Fonda Court
- Neighbourhood street gathering
- Mobile cinema in community places
For more information please contact Chris Martin, Community Connections Coordinator, on 8384 0634 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
See our YouTube clip to learn more about neighbourhood street gatherings