Rates payment options and arrangements

Rates can be paid annually or in quarterly instalments. Please refer to your notice for the due dates.

The preferred methods of payment are listed below. 


Contact your bank or financial institution

To make this payment from your cheque, savings or credit card account, please contact your bank.

  • Quote Biller Code 48470


Step 1.Before you start you will need

  • Your assessment number
  • The amount you want to pay
  • Your credit card details


Step 1.Call BPOINT on 1300 276 468

We accept payment by MasterCard or Visa.

Step 2.Quote Biller Code 48470



In person

Payment can be made in person at any of our council offices.


Centrepay is a voluntary bill-paying service which is free for Centrelink customers. Use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment.

You can start or change a deduction at any time. The easiest way to do it is through your Centrelink account online in myGov.

Please contact Centrelink to set this up.

**Please use Councils Centrepay number CRN: 555 054 902J

Australia Post Billpay

Pay in person at any post office, by phoning 13 18 16 or online at www.postbillpay.com.au

**Please quote Billpay Code 0544

Payment arrangements 

If you are experiencing difficulties in paying your rates we encourage you to contact our customer relations team on 08 8384 0666 or email us at mail@onkaparinga.sa.gov.au to arrange a short term arrangement (3 months) that can be renewed and continue over an extended period if required. Please be aware that fines and interest still apply when a payment arrangement is in place. 

If you are experiencing ongoing financial stress or financial hardship we recommend you review our information on the Rebates, hardship and other relief page.

Fines and interest

Rates arrears are subject to fines and/or interest when an assessment falls into arrears. An assessment is deemed to be in arrears if an instalment of rates is not paid on or before the date on which it falls due . A fine of 2 percent is payable and addition to this, on the expiration of each full month from that date, interest will accrue.

A request to have the recent instalment fine remitted can be made over the phone with our customer relations team on 08 8384 0666 or email us at mail@onkaparinga.sa.gov.au.

Who should I contact if I am having difficulty finding the money to pay my council rates?

We recognise that periods of financial hardship can be experienced by some ratepayers.

The City of Onkaparinga has options available to help manage payment of rates that are outstanding or will soon become overdue. 

The best first step would be to contact our customer relations team on 08 8384 0666 to discuss the options that may best suit your situation.

To make an application for hardship, you’ll be encouraged to make contact with an accredited financial counsellor to help you. To speak to or to find a local financial counsellor please contact the National Debt Hotline on 1800 007 007 or visiting www.ndh.org.au/talk-to-a-financial-counsellor.  

The financial counsellor will then contact us, either with you or on your behalf to progress your application. All details supplied are confidential. 

Applications will be considered under our Financial Hardship Policy (Rates)