Mayor's Garden Competition
Entries for the 2019 Mayor’s Garden Competition are now closed.
The 2019 Mayor’s Garden Competition recognises local gardeners and encourages community interest in local gardens which enhances the presentation and liveability of our city.
Categories with prizes on offer:
- Edible (school, community, individual)
Judging will take place between 14-18 October.
Each entry will be judged on the following items:
- First impressions
Presentations will take place at a civic event to be scheduled later in the year.
For further information please contact Civic Governance on 8384 0666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of entry
The garden must be located within the City of Onkaparinga.
An entry form together with a photograph (electronic or hard copy) of your garden must be submitted.
The garden must be accessible to the judging panel.
One entry per address, one category per nomination. However, the judges reserve the right to change the category of an entry at their discretion.
The judging panel consists of City of Onkaparinga Elected Members and staff.
Judges decision is final.
Hall of Fame
Gardens that have received a Mayors Garden Competition award twice are automatically entered into the Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame inductees are still eligible to participate in the Mayors Garden Competition but are ineligible to receive an award. All Hall of Fame gardens receive a certificate of recognition and will be featured on our website.
The following are the award recipients for 2018:
Congratulations to the following award recipients for the 2018 Mayor’s Garden Competition:
- Open School: Tatachilla Lutheran College, McLaren Vale
- Edible Garden: Individual: Andrew Hickman of Aldinga Beach
- Edible Garden - School and Hall of Fame Entrant: O’Sullivan Beach School
- Rural: Robert Laffer of McLaren Vale
- Encouragement Award: Craigburn Primary School
- Encouragement Award: Clarendon Primary School
The following are the award recipients for 2017:
Congratulations to the following award recipients for the 2017 Mayor’s Garden Competition:
- Highly Commended: Rachel McMillian of Aldinga
- Edible Garden - School: Christies Beach High School – Bush Tucker
- Edible Garden – School: Pimpala Primary School, Morphett Vale
- Edible Garden – Individual: Debbie Butler of Aldinga Beach
- Edible Garden – Individual: Michele Jarldorn of Happy Valley
- Open Residential Verge: Diana Paolo of Happy Valley
- Open Residential: Jane Baddock of Port Willunga
- Courtyard: Fenna Petit of Christie Downs
- Rural: Louise Fuller and Della Rowley of Coromandel East
- Hall of Fame Entrant: Fenna Petit