Mayor's Garden Competition
It’s time to get the garden ready.
Entries opening in August for the 2021 Mayor’s Garden Competition.
More details to follow on www.onkaparingacity.com and Facebook.
For further information please contact Civic Governance on 8384 0666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mayor’s Garden Competition recognises local gardeners and encourages community interest in local gardens which enhances the presentation and liveability of our city.
Hall of Fame
Gardens that have received a Mayors Garden Competition award twice are automatically entered into the Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame inductees are still eligible to participate in the Mayors Garden Competition but are ineligible to receive an award. All Hall of Fame gardens receive a certificate of recognition and will be featured on our website.
The following are award recipients for the 2020:
- Best Urban Garden: Dee Jones
- Best Community Garden: The Big Backyard Garden
- Best Courtyard Garden: Melanie and Ben Volkmann
- Best School Garden: Willunga High School
- Best Rural Garden: Irene Moon
- Best Residential Garden: Mark Staniforth
- Best Community Garden: Elizabeth House Positive Ageing Centre
- Best Edible Community Garden: Aldinga Community Centre
- Best School Garden: Pimpala Primary School
- Best Edible School Garden: Clarendon Primary School
- Open School: Tatachilla Lutheran College, McLaren Vale
- Edible Garden: Individual: Andrew Hickman of Aldinga Beach
- Edible Garden - School and Hall of Fame Entrant: O’Sullivan Beach School
- Rural: Robert Laffer of McLaren Vale
- Encouragement Award: Craigburn Primary School
- Encouragement Award: Clarendon Primary School