Temporary mini skip/storage container on council road verge

If you need to hire a temporary mini skip or storage container and it's not possible to place it on private property, you can apply to put it on your council road verge.

Please submit your application at least 2 weeks before intended use.

We aim to support all requests, however in some instances the proposed use of council land may not be deemed appropriate and therefore may not be approved.

Any permit issued will need to be signed by the applicant AND the supplier company.

Hard copy

Step 1.Download and complete the application form

Application form(PDF, 69KB)

Step 2.Attach the required documents

  • Site map detailing the proposed location of the storage container in relation to the road verge.
  • Evidence of public liability insurance to a minimum of $20 million from the Supplier Company.
  • Evidence of payment of non-refundable prescribed fee temporary mini skip $104 OR temporary storage container $159. Include your receipt number as evidence.

Step 3.Arrange payment

To arrange payment you may visit one of our Council offices or call 8384 0666 and ask to speak with front counter staff.

Please quote ‘PEREXE’. 

Step 4.Submit the form


Permits and Licences Officer
City of Onkaparinga
PO Box 1
Noarlunga Centre SA 5168

08 8382 8744