The Waste Nott store is closed for the Christmas holidays and will reopen Thursday 13 January 2022.
The store is a treasure trove of art and craft materials.
We look for varied and unusual manufacturing discards that are ideal for all kinds of creative projects.
Our volunteers sort out the materials which are then available to schools, community groups, individuals (everyone) for creative use – or ‘reuse’ – using resources to create new items or to give items a new purpose.
Our materials are excellent for:
- children's arts & crafts
- card making
- party decorations
- prop making
- storage containers
- jewellery making
The bins are set up at a child-friendly height encouraging kids to explore, create, and shop for themselves. Choose from three bag sizes with prices ranging from $1 to $5. Larger volumes by negotiation.
For more details our Waste & Recycling Education Officer on (08) 8384 0666 or email@example.com
Supported by the Hackham Business Association and the Lonsdale Business Association.
What materials do we stock?
Here is a sample list of items to choose from:
Note that we collect our stock weekly so items change from time to time.
- cardboard & cardboard rolls
- corflute off-cuts
- material & wetsuit off-cuts
- plastic caps/shapes
- small boxes
- sticker off-cuts
- thread cones
- wood off-cuts (not treated or painted)
- self-adhesive vinyl
- plastic sticks
- assorted paper shapes
- upholstery fabric
- fabric pieces
- clear and coloured acetate
- paper & card stock
- leather scrap
- foam blocks
- plastic rings & shapes
- Shade cloth & blind material
- ceramic tiles
- Reuse prolongs the life of a resource or resources.
- Reuse saves the energy and materials needed to produce brand new materials.
- Reuse prevents otherwise useful resources going to waste/landfill.
- Reuse creates less air and water pollution than if it was recycled.
- Reuse reduces money spent on new items and costs of disposal.
How can you volunteer?
Our store is a community initiative to reduce waste. We acquire goods that would otherwise go to landfill from businesses and provide these items at low cost for children’s activities, craftspeople, teachers and play groups. Most of the goods are off-cuts and fun, funky or weird materials that inspire creativity and are worth having a second go round rather than being dumped.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- assisting visitors and customers to select items
- creating things from the materials to demonstrate what can be used
- maintaining and arranging items
- keeping the shop clean and presentable
- collection of materials from local businesses.
We are located at 268 Beach Road, Hackham West and are open on Thursdays from 2-5pm and Fridays from 10am–4pm.
- an interest in resource recovery or waste and recycling issues
- good customer service approach
- ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds
- ability to work within a team
- creativity or a willingness to give ‘crafts’ a try.
For more information, contact Lynda Wedding, Waste and Recycling Education Officer, on 8384 0128, 8384 0666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org