Hook, Line and Thinker
The Hook, Line and Thinker program aims to capture marine litter at popular fishing spots, before it ends up in metropolitan waters, where it causes significant damage to the fragile ecology of our aquatic environment.
What can go in them?
- old fishing line
Plastic fishing debris collected in the new bins will be recycled at a plastics processing plant and turned into a range of plastic materials. Metals are also recycled.
Fishing debris bins are located at:
- Aldinga Beach Boat Ramp
- Market Square, Old Noarlunga
- Onkaparinga causeway (end of Wearing Street), Port Noarlunga
- O’Sullivan Beach Boat Ramp
- Perry’s Bend, Noarlunga Downs;
- Port Noarlunga Jetty
- River Road / New Road intersection, Port Noarlunga
- Weatherald Terrace, Port Noarlunga South.