Free drop off depots for hazardous household waste - open 7 days
Published on 14 August 2019
Need to get rid of unwanted paint tins, batteries, chemicals, and other hazardous household waste for FREE? You'll be pleased to know that a new permanent drop off site has just opened in North Plympton that's open 7 days a week.
Later this month, another permanent site will open in the Adelaide Hills (32 Scott Creek Road, Heathfield) which will be handy for our northern residents.
Adelaide Waste and Recycling Centre
181 Morphett Road, North Plympton
Open hours: Monday to Friday 7am–4pm,
Saturday 8am–3pm, Sunday 10am–3pm
Hazardous waste products are banned from landfill and require special disposal processing. These include:
- garden chemicals – pesticides, weed killers and fertilisers
- insect repellents and rat poison
- cleaners – oven cleaner, toilet cleaner, bleach, ammonia and furniture polish
- automotive products – fuel, oils, lubricants and degreasers
- home improvement products – paints*, thinners and adhesives, batteries, and pool chlorine.
*Paint can also be dropped off at Hackham Recyclers for free as part of the national PaintBack program.
For more information visit www.greenindustries.sa.gov.au/hazwaste
View our online Recycling & Disposal Guide for safe disposal of unwanted items.