McLaren Vale and Fleurieu Coast Visitor Centre is our southern green hub demonstration site. It showcases the type of energy efficient upgrades and systems that households can put in place to reduce energy and water consumption, waste to landfill and greenhouse gas emissions.
Get inspired on changes you could make at your home to be a little greener and save money in the process.
While you’re at the Centre take a self-guided tour using the Green Hub trail maps available on site or for larger groups book a tour with a guide.
For those that can’t get to the Centre or are keen for a sneak peek take our virtual tour.
Book a guided tour
Take a virtual tour
Key green features
- Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations
- Passive design – rammed earth construction technique used.
- 50,000L of rainwater storage harvested for toilet flushing
- Underground rainwater system used for irrigating the lawn areas
- 22 kilowatt solar PV and solar hot water systems
- A dam that creates habitat for frogs, a variety of birds and turtles
- Bicycle hire - on the Coast to Vines bike trail
- Fruit and nut trees, produce garden and native plantings
- Wicking bed and aquaponics demonstration sites