McLaren Vale and Fleurieu Coast Visitor Centre is our southern green hub demonstration site. It showcases the type of energy efficient upgrades and systems that households can put in place to reduce energy and water consumption, waste to landfill and greenhouse gas emissions.
Take a self-guided tour using the Green Hub trail maps available from the centre or for larger groups book a tour and be inspired on changes you could make at your home to be a little greener and save money in the process.
Book a tour
Key green features
- Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations
- Passive design – rammed earth construction technique used.
- 50,000L of rainwater storage harvested for toilet flushing
- Underground rainwater system used for irrigating the lawn areas
- 22 kilowatt solar PV and solar hot water systems
- A dam that creates habitat for frogs, a variety of birds and turtles
- Bicycle hire - on the Coast to Vines bike trail
- Fruit and nut trees, produce garden and native plantings
- Wicking bed and aquaponics demonstration sites