Property information (Section 7 & 187 Certificates)
Searches provide information on a particular property. They can only be ordered online by or on behalf of a person who has an interest in land within the area.
Who can apply
For the purposes of ordering a Search, the Local Government Act 1999 (Section 187) states that a person has an interest in land if, and only if that person is:
- the owner of a registered estate or interest in the land; or
- an occupier of the land; or
- a person who has entered or declares to the Council that he or she proposes to enter into a contract to purchase the land; or
- a mortgagee or prospective mortgagee of the land.
Under the Land and Business (Sales and Conveyancing) Act 1994, it is a requirement that an application for a certificate must be accompanied by a copy of the original or duplicate certificate of title.
Before you proceed with your on-line request please ensure that you have an electronic copy of the certificate of title available and attach where requested.
If an electronic copy of the certificate of title is not attached, processing of your request will be delayed until this information is received.
Electronic copies of certificates of title are available from Land Service SA through their website SAILIS.
How do I request a search
- To be able to lodge a request, you first need to register for our online service.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your registration has been processed.
- To request a certificate, use the link and follow the prompts. Request certificate
- Please refer to the ‘Important Information’ above before proceeding with your request.
Should you have any queries regarding this process please contact the customer relations on 08 8384 0666.
When will I get my certificate
Standard search requests will be electronically delivered within 8 business days and by 5pm at the latest on the eighth day.
Urgent search requests will be electronically delivered before 5pm the next business day.
Christmas Day through to New Year’s Day holidays.
If an urgent request is received less than 48 hours prior to the last business day before Christmas, it will not be processed within 1 business day.