Important news about bin collections, waste services and other council services.
The City of Onkaparinga remains actively involved in technology recovery efforts following an IT systems outage over the weekend. At this time, council has reinstated email services via mobile devices and is restoring services across the organisation on a priority basis according to most critical need. It is not yet known how long it will take to reinstate all IT systems.
Here is some important information for our residents:
- HARD WASTE, MATTRESS COLLECTIONS AND MISSED BINS - Due to our ongoing systems outage, we are experiencing operational difficulties which means that any hard waste and mattress collections you have booked with us may be delayed. If you have a hard waste, mattress or kerbside bin collection missed, please contact our Customer Relations team on 8384 0666.
- BIN COLLECTIONS - Due to the extreme weather this week please put your bins out the night before your normal collection day. Our drivers will be commencing collections earlier than usual at 5.30am each morning during the hot weather.
- PHONE ENQUIRIES - Telephone enquiries can be received via our usual contact phone number 8384 0666.
- LIBRARIES - Council libraries are open for borrowing.
- WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA - Council social media and website are operational (UPDATE – customer requests are now available on our website).
- PAYMENTS - Council payments can only be made in person at our offices.
Delays in responding to enquiries may also be experienced.
Further updates will be provided via council's Facebook pages and this page on our website.
The entire team at the City of Onkaparinga apologises for any inconvenience caused and thanks everyone for their patience and understanding as we deal with this complex situation.
Here are some answers to our most frequently asked questions:
Is my personal information safe?
Early indications are that personal information has not been compromised.
My bin collection has been missed; how do I organise for it to be collected?
If your bin hasn’t been collected please contact our Customer Relations team on 8384 0666.
I have booked a hard rubbish collection; will it still be collected?
Due to our ongoing systems outage, we are experiencing operational difficulties which means that any hard waste and mattress collections you have booked with us may be delayed. If you have a hard waste or mattress collection missed (which has been booked), please contact our Customer Relations team on 8384 0666.
I can’t make it to a council office to pay a bill or fine; will I be penalised for a late payment?
I’ve recently done work for council and have submitted an invoice; when will I be paid?
Our finance systems have been reinstated and invoices will be processed in line with our current payment terms and conditions. If you have any questions call 8384 0666.
I have applied for a permit; when will I receive a response about this?
If you’ve lodged a permit application after 9 December, your application will be reviewed after 2 January. Due to the I.T. outage, we encourage all permit applicants to contact our team on 8384 0666 after 2 January to confirm receipt of the application.
Can I still arrange a beach access permit for driving on the beach?
Yes. Simply visit any of our offices (Aberfoyle Park, Aldinga, Noarlunga, Seaford, Willunga, Woodcroft).
During the Christmas period, beach access permits can be obtained from the McLaren Vale and Fleurieu Visitor Information Centre, every day except Christmas Day (note, the centre closes at 2pm on 24 December).
I recently applied for a job; was my application received?
If you applied for a job and did not receive an automated response, please phone 8301 2743.
IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE PHONE 8384 0666.