Full Time – Permanent
- Do you have a good understanding of current trends in sport and recreation?
- Do you enjoy developing business cases to influence infrastructure investment?
- Would you enjoy working directly with sporting clubs to understand their needs?
We are seeking an experienced Strategic Planner based at Noarlunga Centre to influence the direction of sport and recreation at the City of Onkaparinga.
The Strategic Planner - Recreation and Sport is responsible for understanding, communicating and influencing the sport and recreation landscape across the City of Onkaparinga and beyond. You will be responsible for undertaking research, developing plans and providing information and advice to inform and influence Council’s prioritisation and planning for current and future programs and infrastructure projects which support our community to increase their physical activity. This position will work directly with community sporting clubs to understand their needs and manage expectations whilst we plan for delivery.
About the Person
You will have tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as sport and recreation, business management, or equivalent experience in a similar role. You will have the ability to work with a range of stakeholders including state government, sports peak bodies and community sporting clubs. You will demonstrate proficient project management skills, exceptional communication both written and verbal and will possess great people skills with the ability to positively influence others and maintain relationships.
- Lead the collection, analysis and reporting of participation data for various sporting codes and active recreation types based on industry accepted best practice.
- Forecast future growth in participation.
- Prepare infrastructure needs analysis through integration of demand and supply information.
- Prepare plans, reports and briefing papers at a council wide, district, sporting code or asset category level.
- Develop business cases from a sport and recreation demand/supply perspective and provide independent professional advice and recommendations which directly inform project prioritisation and infrastructure investment decisions.
- Lead the development of Sports Assets Levels of Service which guide infrastructure provision.
- Represent council and be the lead contributor to the development of strategies and plans of government, state sporting organisations and other bodies to ensure the City of Onkaparinga’s opportunities and challenges are appropriately considered.
Applicants will be assessed based on their ability to demonstrate relevant experience for the position and alignment with the City of Onkaparinga’s Values and Behaviours.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter telling us how your skills and experience meet our selection criteria found in the position description available on the City of Onkaparinga website.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, persons with a disability are encouraged to apply for this role.
If, after reading the position description you have any queries, or require further information please contact Nick Carr, Manager Recreation Services on 0409 443 323.
The City of Onkaparinga advises that the recruitment process includes a medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications and may also include psychometric testing.
Applications close – 9am Thursday 23 September 2021