Full Time – Permanent
- Diverse and rewarding facilities maintenance role
- Showcase best practice in facilities maintenance
- Great opportunity for an inspiring carpenter to help improve our community facilities
Council’s Building Maintenance team, within the Facility Operations Section, has responsibilities for undertaking a broad range of maintenance activities in relation to council buildings and public toilets, in an efficient, effective and safe manner. We are seeking a person with appropriate skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil the essential criteria of the Facilities Maintenance Carpenter position.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilising quality trade skills, knowledge and practices to undertake a broad range of maintenance and minor renewal works on council owned buildings and public toilets in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Primary tasks include but are not limited to the general maintenance, repair and replacement of facilities components and fixtures to ensure that our building assets are presentable, functional and safe for users and in keeping with legislative requirements, lease agreements and agreed standards.
- The successful scoping, planning and implementation of reactive, programmed and project works related to facility maintenance operations
- Carrying out duties and responsibilities in a manner which promotes safe work ethics, professionalism and continuous improvement in all forms of customer service.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Ability to work under general direction or independently whilst utilising quality trade skills and knowledge.
- Highly developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including in the use of mobile devices for in-field data collection and reporting.
- Ability to plan, schedule and control building works combined with sound budget management, time management and work prioritisation skills.
Applicants will be assessed based on their ability to demonstrate relevant experience for the position and alignment with the City of Onkaparinga’s Values and Behaviours.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter telling us how your skills and experience meet our selection criteria found in the position description available on the City of Onkaparinga website.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons with a disability are encouraged to apply for this role.
If, after reading the position description you have any queries, or require further information please contact Roderik Vincent, Team Leader Facility Operations on (08) 8384 0586.
The City of Onkaparinga advises that the recruitment process includes a medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications and may also include psychometric testing.
Applications close – 9 am Monday 1 November 2021