Sport and Active Recreation Donation Program
COVID-19 UPDATE: Following Government Recommendations regarding non-essential mass gathering (indoor and outdoor) regulations and not to travel overseas, this program has been cancelled until further notice.
For alternative funding sources go to the Local Sporting Champions website.
Have you been selected to compete in an intrastate, interstate or international sport and active recreation competition?
The Sport and Active Recreation Donation Program may be able to assist.
The program recognises and supports individuals and groups who reside in the City of Onkaparinga and are participating in sport and active recreation events.
How to apply
For information on this program please contact, Community Relations Administration on (08) 8384 0697 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply complete the relevant application form and return to:
Email: email@example.com (preferred)
City of Onkaparinga
PO Box 1
NOARLUNGA CENTRE SA 5168
To be eligible for this program the competitor must:
- be a resident of the City of Onkaparinga
- be competing in a sport or active recreation event; this is defined as:
Active recreation is where the primary purpose and focus of the activity undertaken is to engage in physical activity for its own sake
- the physical activity gained is not an indirect benefit of the primary activity
- organisations delivering these activities do so for the primary purpose of human physical activity.
Sport is an activity capable of achieving a result requiring physical exertion and/or physical skills, which by its nature and organisation is competitive and is generally accepted as being a sport
- be competing in an interstate or international competition or travelling intrastate with a distance greater than 250km return (this distance is applied to attendance at a single event, and does not include multiple journeys)
- submit their application form at least four weeks prior to the event taking place
- have completed an evaluation form for any previous sport and active recreation donations received.
- Applicants can apply throughout the year but once the budget has been expended no further applications for donations will be considered.
- Applications must be received at least four weeks before the scheduled commencement of the event and you will be notified of the outcome of your application two weeks prior to the event.
- Only one donation will be considered per competitor each financial year and applications are subject to budget availability.
- All sections of the application form must be completed. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- All individual and group applications must be accompanied by a formal, signed letter for notification (on official letterhead) from the respective State/National/School body or Association stating that the respective person/s has been chosen to represent that body/association.
- Where ten or more members of a club, group, organisation, team or school are applying for a group donation, the application must be completed by a coach, manager or office bearer. This person will agree to accept and distribute the funds equally to the nominated applicants.
- Funds will not be provided for events that have already taken place.
Individual donation: If up to nine members of a club, group, organisation, team or school are attending the same competition or event, regardless of age, gender or category, they are each eligible for an individual donation.
Example: A club has 9 representatives; 4 girls under 14 and 5 boys under 16. They are competing in the State Basketball Championships in NSW (under 14 category and under 16 category). Each competitor is eligible for an individual donation ($85 each).
Group donation: If ten or more members of a club, group, organisation, team or school are attending the same competition or event, regardless of age, gender or category, they are eligible for a group donation which is capped, and will be shared equally between the participants.
Example – A club has 12 representatives; 6 boys under 12, 2 girls under 16, and 4 mixed adults. They are competing in the Volleyball National Club Championships in QLD in various categories. As there are more than 10 representatives competing in the same competition/event, they are eligible for a group donation ($850).
2018-19 Evaluation report
2019-20 Evaluation report