Sport and Active Recreation Donation Program
The Sport and Active Recreation Donation Program may be able to assist.
Have you been selected to compete in an intrastate, interstate or international sport and active recreation competition?
The program recognises and supports individuals and groups who reside in the City of Onkaparinga and are participating in sport and active recreation events.
For information on this program please contact, Community Relations Administration on (08) 8384 0697 or email Mail@onkaparinga.sa.gov.au
To apply complete the relevant application form and return to:
Post: Community Administration City of Onkaparinga PO Box 1 NOARLUNGA CENTRE SA 5168
To be eligible for this program the competitor must:
- be a resident of the City of Onkaparinga
- be competing in a sport or active recreation event; this is defined as:
Active recreation is where the primary purpose and focus of the activity undertaken is to engage in physical activity for its own sake
- the physical activity gained is not an indirect benefit of the primary activity
- organisations delivering these activities do so for the primary purpose of human physical activity.
Sport is an activity capable of achieving a result requiring physical exertion and/or physical skills, which by its nature and organisation is competitive and is generally accepted as being a sport
- be competing in an interstate or international competition or travelling intrastate with a distance greater than 250km return (this distance is applied to attendance at a single event, and does not include multiple journeys)
- submit their application form at least four weeks prior to the event taking place
- have completed an evaluation form for any previous sport and active recreation donations received.
Applicants can apply throughout the year but once the budget has been expended no further applications for donations will be considered.
Applications must be received at least four weeks before the scheduled commencement of the event and you will be notified of the outcome of your application two weeks prior to the event.
2018-19 Evaluation report
2019-20 Evaluation report