Heritage grants provide financial assistance to the owners of local heritage places to help them maintain and develop their properties.
How to apply
We encourage enquiries prior to starting your application. Please contact Divya Bali Dogra, Development Policy Planner (Heritage) on (08) 8384 0552 or email Divya.Balidogra@onkaparinga.sa.gov.au
The grants will provide a subsidy of 30% of the cost of works with a maximum subsidy of $5000 if the total cost of works is less than $20,000 and 25% of the cost of the works, with a maximum subsidy of $7500 if the total cost of works is $20,000 or more.
Am I eligible?
In order to be eligible for funding assistance, the following criteria must be satisfied:
- All owners or lessees, except for government departments or agencies, are eligible.
- The building/item must be listed as a local heritage place or contributory item in council's Development Plan.
- The cost of the conservation work must be a minimum of $1000.
- Development approval and associated conditions have been granted by council.
- The applicant must discuss the intended work with council staff and heritage advisor prior to commencement of work.
Examples of completed project
Example of completed Heritage Grant Projects.
The following works may be eligible for funding:
- re-roofing works
- conservation works to verandas
- salt damp treatment
- paint removal (masonry)
- repointing works
- repair of stonework
- conservation works to front fence
- repainting (no more that once in every five years)
- restoration, conservation or reinstatement of original doors and windows.
Guidelines and application form