The purpose of the grants is to assist in the development of programs that encourage community participation and inclusivity to meet community needs.
Grants may also be used to fund minor equipment purchases, upgrades or replacement.
Funding is available in two categories:
Community Development (maximum grant available is $3725) innovative projects and activities that foster community development in the areas of arts and culture, community participation or recreation.
Small Equipment (maximum grant available is $1720) small equipment purchases or upgrades.
The purpose of the grants is to assist in the development of programs and activities that:
- provide opportunities for community members to participate in activities that celebrate the arts and cultural diversity
- encourage community members to engage in community life and leisure activities that increase wellbeing
- provide opportunities for community members from targeted populations to increase their participation in physical activity
- encourage community participation and inclusivity by offering alternative approaches to reduce social isolation in our local communities and build community capacity.
- align with Onkaparinga 2035 (our Community Plan) objectives
Grants may also be used to fund minor equipment purchases, upgrades or replacement to assist with continuation of core business, provided this does not relate to a recurrent operational cost. Recurrent costs are items purchased on a frequent basis (eg purchase of cricket balls by a cricket club).
- Applicants need to match the amount of the grant applied for. This can be with cash, materials, or ‘in- kind’ support including volunteer hours.
- Very few, if any, programs and activities can be funded to the full amount requested due to the number of applications received.
Funding for inclusive participation initiatives
Examples of completed projects and programs
2019-20 Evaluation report - community development programs(PDF, 134KB)
2019-20 Evaluation report - small equipment(PDF, 121KB)