Onkaparinga Active Community Network (OACNET)
Onkaparinga Active Community Network (OACNET) program, is designed to assist local volunteer managed not-for-profit organisations to examine how they operate and identify areas of improvement.
If you are a sporting club, recreation group, community hall or other volunteer managed group not for profit group, OACNET is FREE to join and you will receive a range of benefits to help build your organisation.
- Governance and development support
- Free or subsidised training and development delivered by expert training providers
- Quarterly newsletter
- Forums and networking events
- Regular industry updates and special offers
- Support to achieve STARCLUB and STARservice programs
- Access to a council club development officer
- Support with council lease KPI's
OACNET members receive a range of benefits including:
- Access to staff who can provide support with the Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing’s STARCLUB program
- Access to free or subsidised needs-based training and development opportunities delivered by expert training providers
- Receipt of a regular newsletter showcasing industry updates, funding opportunities, training and resource information and information regarding council services and resources
- Access to themed organisational development forums with networking opportunities
- Access to specialist Club Development Staff.
Sign your club up today
Free training for not-for-profit clubs and community groups
The OACNET program provides regular FREE training for committees, coaches and volunteers.
Examples of the types of training includes:
- Responsible Services of Alcohol
- First Aid
- Marketing and Social Media
- Volunteer Management
- Fundraising and sponsorship
- Strategic and strategic planning
- Managing behaviour
- Diversity and inclusion
To find out what training is on offer keep an eye on our event page.
OACNET TRAINING SESSIONS
What is a STARCLUB?
A STARCLUB is a well-run club where quality coaches and officials work alongside valued volunteers in a safe and welcoming environment.
The STARCLUB Development program is an initiative of the South Australian Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing and is all about providing a safe and welcoming club that demonstrates continuous improvement and ongoing development.
By measuring your club against the STARCLUB criteria, you will be on the way to providing the best environment possible for your members and the wider community.
Through our OACNET program, the City of Onkaparinga encourages and provides support to our local clubs to become STARCLUB recognised.
Currently there are 30 clubs within the City of Onkaparinga who have achieved STARCLUB recognition.
Enroll your club to become a STARCLUB
Find a STARCLUB in the City of Onkaparinga
Join a recognised STARCLUB
STARCLUB's have completed a club development and governance program and have provided evidence to The Office of Recreation, Sport and Racing that they are a safe and welcoming.
The City of Onkaparinga encourages and provides support to our local clubs to complete the STARCLUB program.
Find a club near you that has completed the program
Training and Development
The OACNET program provides regular needs based training to support Not For Profits to grow.
OACNET provides workshops for the following topics:
- Business improvement and continuous improvement
- Coaching and officiating
Visit our Eventbrite page to see upcoming workshops.
Sport and Active Recreation Strategic Management Plan Review
Councils Sport and Active Recreation Strategic Management plan guides the provision of sport and active recreation services and assets to the community.
Council are currently reviewing its Sport and Active Recreation Strategic Management Plan 2014-2019. To find out more about this review, please follow the link below.
Sport and Active Recreation Strategic Management Plan Review Page
For more information contact the OACNET team on (08) 8384 0666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: OACNET Flyer 2019(PDF, 1MB)