Trucks on Tour
Next date: Friday, 08 October 2021 | 10:00 AM
to 02:00 PM
Following an overwhelming attendance at the 2019 event, the cancellation of the 2020 due to COVID-19, the City of Onkaparinga is excited to bring back this great FREE community event for children of all ages and the young at heart to enjoy.
There will be a variety of council vehicles on display for children to see up close and explore, meet the drivers and have photos. Every hour there will be selected vehicle demonstrations, showing what they are made of.
Trucks, mowers, diggers and crushers, to name a few, will be on display, along with some of our heroic vehicles from emergency services.
Roving artists and a badge making activity for children will be part of the fun on the day.
A coffee van providing hot and cold drink options as well as light snacks will be onsite, however we encourage people to bring their own food and drinks or purchase from the local food trucks outside of the event zone and enjoy the beautiful play facilities that Wilfred Taylor Reserve has to offer.
Vehicle demonstrations and activities will be offered each hour (repeated) for the 4-hour duration, so to avoid queuing, we encourage attendees to consider arriving throughout the event duration of 10am-2pm. The final hour (1-2pm) will be offered as a sensory hour for those families who prefer a quieter experience. This means no horns, loud noises or vehicle demonstrations will be experienced.
So come on down and enjoy this FREE ‘trucktacular’ event!
COVID-19 mitigation requirements of all attendees:
- If you are feeling unwell or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms we ask that you do not attend this event, and instead stay home and get tested for COVID-19 as per the SA Health guidelines.
- Wearing of masks is encouraged at this event, but is not mandatory except when social distancing is not possible.
- Everyone 16 and over will need to check in using the QR code or the manual check in sheet provided by SA Health. This information will be kept for a maximum of 4 weeks and provided to SA Health if there is an expected outbreak following the event. After this time, the manual documents will be destroyed.
- Once checked in using the QR code, all attendees will be asked to show the green check in tick on their phone to event officials. Once this requirement is satisfied, all attendees, including children, will receive a wristband to show you have gone through this process, so you don’t need to repeat it. Wristbands on children can also be used to write your phone number on in case they get lost and to promptly reunite them with you.
- All attendees are asked to hand sanitise when entering, after touching vehicles, eating/drinking, touching any equipment, using the toilets and upon exiting. Hand sanitiser will be provided, but you are also welcome to bring your own.
- Attendees will be required to move through the site in a clockwise direction and to always keep 1.5m from groups/attendees you are not at the event with.
- Due to our limited capacity and also the popularity of this event, we do expect queuing to occur both at the entry and at some of the vehicle areas within the event zone which can be explored by children. We ask you to maintain a 1.5m distance while lining up and for your patience during these times as our team work through peak periods to ensure attendees are all able to enjoy the experience.
- Vehicle demonstrations and activities will be offered each hour (repeated) for the 4-hour duration, so to avoid queuing, we encourage attendees to consider arriving throughout the event duration of 10am-2pm.
- There will be local food trucks operating in Wilfred Taylor Reserve area, outside of the event zone and we encourage you to support these businesses however you are welcome to bring your own food and drinks. ‘The Green’ is a lovely space to eat with your family in front of the newly built playground which will also be a fun activity for the children to enjoy. When using the other facilities within the Wilfred Taylor Reserve area, including lining up at the food trucks, we ask you to continue maintaining a 1.5m distance from groups/people you are not familiar with/within your group.
- COVID Marshals will be monitoring the above COVID mitigation requirements throughout the event zone. Please assist our marshals in making this a safe and enjoyable event for everyone.
Traffic Management and Parking:
To ensure the safety of all attendees there will be a speed reduction of 25km/h on Wheatsheaf Road along the stretch of Wilfred Taylor Reserve. Approved traffic management plans with specific details will be uploaded shortly.
Parking will be available in the car park, including a dedicated disabled parking zone and also in the grassed area in front of the Model Car Club. Traffic Marshals will be available to assist with your parking requirements on the day. Street parking is also available along Wheatsheaf Road.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this event, please contact the Events Team on 8384 0666 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, 08 October 2021 | 10:00 AM
- 02:00 PM
Wilfred Taylor Reserve (western car park), Wheatsheaf Road, Morphett Vale 5162 View Map