A single storey dwelling with a hipped roof with half gabled ridge, clad in corrugated iron. The bullnose verandah extends to two sides and incorporates a corner gabled entrance porch.
Thought to have been constructed by Henry Martin Jones, builder, in 1920 for Joe Paddick. Its form and construction suggest that it was built at about this time. Following his death, Joe Paddick's widow remarried Mr Smudgeon and, up until 1940, ran this dwelling as a boarding house for single winery workers and local school teachers.
Bruce Harry and Associates (2003)