A single storey cottage constructed of stone (rendered) and red brick quoins. The cottage has two doors suggesting it may have once been two dwellings. The corrugated iron roof is hipped. A skillion verandah has been contructed along the front fašade.
This dwelling was owned by Walter Reynell & Sons Winery as accommodation for its employees. Its form and construction suggest that it was buit in the 1870's - 1880's.
Gordon Cox was born in this house in 1889. He was a strapper for Carew Reynell and also worked at Walter Reynell & Sons for 47 years. He was elected member of Noarlunga Council from 1935 to 1948 representing the Reynella Ward. He was Captain of Reynella Football Club in 1910 and was a life member of most sporting clubs in Reynella.